Saturday, April 14, 2018

The Chili Dog Evening

It is almost supper time here in small town America.  My van is loaded with all the goodies for tonight, chili (no beans), donut sticks, beef hot dogs, hot dog rolls, shredded cheddar cheese (mild and sharp), baked beans w extra brown sugar and bacon, potato salad, and macaroni salad.  I stopped by the storage unit and picked up my two burner hot plate so I can have the chili and the baked beans simmering.  Have to bring my crock pot for the hot dogs and buns...lol.  Need to chop onions and put them in a tupperware container.  I want the aroma of food to be the first thing that greets our people when they come to The Gathering Place.

The weather report is calling for freezing rain tonight and tomorrow.  In fact, there is a storm warning so I may get stuck with all the lovely ingredients above.  Please God people will show up for hot coffee, tea, and hot chocolate and a picnic supper.  On a good note, it is not raining yet.


Sign me, In Service, Living Simply in Small Town America

P.S.  Just two people besides myself showed up.  Lots of food to send home with Neil again...lol.  No food next week.



No comments: