Sunday, April 8, 2018

Pizza Night at The Gathering Place

Another quiet evening in small town America.  For two days I have been worrying about how I was going to provide food at The Gathering Place while waiting for my unemployment check.  Gas for my vehicle comes before most things: $40.00 in gas tank leaves $9.00 in my wallet. 

Most of the week was spent trying to sort out medical coverage while trying to schedule Solu-Medrol infusion treatments but that situation resolved itself yesterday.  (Turns out my coverage was reinstated the first of February but no one notified me.)  It means that I can now schedule the MS treatments for next week.  My neurologist had prescribed a new medication that costs $5k monthly so my week has been quite full of interesting conversations...lol. 

Back to the pizza, I remembered that I had $54.00 in my change bank...thank God.  I dumped it out, sorted the change (no pennies) and borrowed some coin paper rolls since the pizza guy needs change to be rolled up.  Someone fist bump this woman!

I promised to serve pizza at The Gathering Place this evening but since we had a small group it went very well.  I was able to order the large pepperoni pizza, 20 wings, and two-liter pepsi special.  Everyone had a great time.  I sent all the leftovers home with someone; no donuts came home with me.  I am trying to behave myself status post my last peep relapse...lol.

You know, even as I am writing this I feel such emotion it surprises me.  This gathering place means a great deal to me.  I want it to grow to be the place where people come to on Saturday evenings; I want it to be a safe place for people in sobriety to learn and grow.  

Sign me, Humbled by His Grace, Serving in His Love, and Living Simply in Small Town America

No comments: