Sunday, November 26, 2017

Off on Another Adventure

It was the 25th of September and my assignment in PA had ended.  I had packed up my car and off I went to see the country!  What a lovely time, I thought to myself.  Of course, traffic was quite a challenge for me.  My dogs were whining and I had so much stuff in the van...lol.  I wished I had gone to the little house first to drop off my gear.  I headed down the road with that idea firmly nagging me from the back of my mind.

The days were warm and the driving was easy from the outset.  I had picked up several dogs that needed delivered along my route.  It was fun and games with my dogs being a bigger pain in the neck than either of the ride along canines ever could be.


By the time I crossed down into North Carolina I was exhausted to say the least.  It was late when I picked up the third dog in Elizabeth City that needed delivered to the west coast.  The poor thing was kind of bony and yet she was eager to hop up into the crate that I had brought along for her.  Queenie had been at the shelter for quite a while after her owner had lost her home.  After she was all settled I headed south again stopping briefly at a mini mart for some diet Mountain Dew and some munchies. I did ask the cashier if it was a safe place to park and wait for the sun to come up.  She cautioned me to park close to the front door and be wary of the beggars.  It was not safe to be on the end of the building as there were no cameras where I had parked.  

When I came out of the mini mart a panhandler asked me for change.  I gave his what I had in my pocket.  He wanted to chat but I thought that was a little odd.  Thinking that I looked away and I noticed two low lives trying to slide up on my van...so I hit the car alarm button on my key fob.  The alarm scared them off very quickly!  I kept it wailing until I got safely in my van.  Fayetteville, NC is forever a part of my journey...as a result.

Sign me, off on another adventure, M










No comments: