Sunday, August 20, 2017

Rest Without Recreation

I spent the weekend resting here at the apartment.  Miss Punkin was spayed on Friday morning so we had a very quiet time; Little Dude and I rested the whole time she was gone.  It was very quiet until she arrived back at 11:00 am Saturday morning.  Although I must admit she was somewhat subdued compared to her usual feisty self...lol.



I have been thinking about taking the winter off so I can take care of the little house.  It seems to go down hill every time it is left empty like that.  I know it won't be long before it falls in if it is not kept up.  It is a simple shanty but it is all I have for shelter and refuge when I stop working to retire.

Today, I found out that a young man from the Rez had died.  He was only 19 years old; I remember him when he was just in school.  He was such a very bright little fellow.  I wonder what happened to him in the years since I had seen him.  He was way too young to die.  Prayers for his mother; she is a woman in recovery.  May God help her through this time.

My goodness, it seems that I am reminded over and over that life is so short.  Each and every day is so precious.  It makes me think of a dear friend, Turhan, long gone now...he used to work away like I am.  He was hurt on the job and he told me that all he could think of was that he did not want to die alone.  He was a very spiritual man.  He came home and years later he passed away with his wife at his side.

It will be another five weeks until I am done here in NEPA.  That is time for me to think and gather my things together to return to my little place.  I have made arrangements to disperse the furniture that I won't need to take with me.  I will have enough put back to carry me through but that extra money will help me during my time off.  It is time to pray for God's direction and rest in the knowledge that I am forever in His care.  Each day is His...

No comments: