Thursday, May 19, 2016

Another Quiet Evening at the No-Frills Motel

I am sitting up on the bed with four pillows behind me just trying to get comfortable.  My derriere gets numb...lol.  Reviewed 500 more questions for registry examination...up to 1000 and decided to take a break.  There are 1138 questions in this pre-test practice.  I check my results, find the questions that were answered incorrectly, then look up each and every one.  I have taken it 7 times and keep going through it.  Apparently, one has to take the pre-test 10 times to access all 1500 questions from the data bank.  I am scheduled to take the second part of the registry exam on June 18th.

On a more relaxing front, I am watching PBS and waiting for my shows to come on...Masterpiece Mysteries, A Place to Call Home.  There is a show on in the interim about small businesses in Connecticut.  One of these is pakayak.com ; this company has created a kayak that breaks down and nests to minimize the storage required to keep one!





Little Dude is asleep on the end of the bed; he will be needing a walk about this evening before we settle down for the night.  Today was a lazy day for me; I noticed that my muffler has gotten loud while running errands yesterday.  Really glad I did not have to work because tomorrow I am headed out to a muffler repair shop.  (Big sigh)  Cha-ching!

I continue to study, watch TV, and check my Facebook connections.  It is a good combination of activities...lol.  Earlier today I was making up hand jives for drugs and their effects on EEG.  It is fun and it really helps me to remember the information.  Years ago I shared my hand jives for neuroanatomy and physiology that helped me to remember the dark reflex and pathways.  It really helped me but it helped other people as well!  One lady got eight questions right based on what I had shared with my hand jives.  She was quite pleased.

I went to see a lovely studio apartment in a rehabbed school building on Wednesday.  It was so nice!  I felt it would be so cozy since it reminds me of my little house back in western New York state.  The little house is 517 sq feet and the apartment is 580 sq feet.  The studio has quite a few windows that would be perfect for flowers!  I could even have flower boxes on the outside as it is a ground floor apartment.  The rent is quite reasonable and includes water plus heat!  I am sending my application in tomorrow morning. Will know something soon...perhaps next week.

I was somewhat torn between staying here in CT and trying to find work back at home in WNY.  There was a position advertised that would be within 1.5 hours of my shanty.  The company does EEG in hospitals and clinics in the area there.  The recruiter and I spoke at length; it was very interesting and the conversation ended with both of us making a plan to get together when I go back for my two-week vacation on June 5th.

In retrospect, I realized that this company had been the reason that some of my peers were unemployed as the hospitals outsourced their EEG testing.  Some had no notice; it was quite difficult for them.  I made my choice to stay here and work based on the fact that I cannot take a job that was created on the backs of my peers misfortune.  Ethically speaking, it is not something I can be a part of comfortably.  (Living simply permits me to be true to myself without compromise.)

Here is a small photo of me with my autism puzzle scrub top on.  I wear it to show solidarity with my two grandsons who are on the spectrum.  It is amazing how many people have taken the time to share their own stories when they see me in the halls at the hospital.  Autism has become more and more visible these days.



Sign me, Wish I had not eaten so well in New Orleans...lol.  M

P.S. I am trying to write without using "I" so much...not working very well so far.

No comments: