Thursday, May 19, 2016

Sending Prayers Up For My Own

Last night I heard from my daughter-in-law regarding her mother's health.  We knew she had been in the hospital and had some surgery.  It appears that she has Stage IV cancer; The chemo treatments will begin this week.  This grieves me for more than one reason; it fills me with a sense of powerlessness.

Angel lost her father last year and she has been dealing with so much all along.  My eldest son, Art, and Angel have two sons on the spectrum and a daughter who has Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis X, a very rare disease.  My son has small fiber neuropathy and lives in constant pain.  Now that he has finally been diagnosed, he is on a waiting list now expecting to wait a year to be seen at a pain management clinic.  Their weeks are peppered with medical appointments and treatments that takes them hither and yon through the OHIP system.

I passed the information along to the women in my family as we do in an effort to bring our energies together in support.  Each one of them echoed the same concerns and hopes for a reprieve for our Angel and her mother.  Angel is carrying so much on her shoulders.  My son is so blessed to have a life partner like Angel...God keep them both through this time of illness.

Family is so important.  That is why I wanted to find work closer to home but I recognize that there is very little that I could actually do to help.  My own health is not the best and will be further exacerbated by stress; the sadness that I feel when I hear that they are facing yet another difficult time is tough for me to bear.  My hands are tied...I will continue to offer support and to pray for them.  I love them both so much...

Please add them to your prayers.

Sign me, Deeply saddened by this turn of events, M



Angel and Melody


No comments: