Saturday, April 30, 2016

I wrote this for my eldest granddaughter and posted it on my Facebook page.  Sharing it here to preserve it for further reflection...· 
When you were small and I was young,
your father was my eldest son,
I would bring you to the home I had,
and loved you much, through good and bad
I loved to see you and held you nigh,
It seems too quick the years go by
You have grown now to be a woman fine,
I am proud of you, granddaughter mine...
Now you are tall, and I am old,
We laugh at many stories told,
We are miles apart these days,
I miss your laughter and things you say,
I hold the loving memories dear,
I close my eyes and you are here.
_____________________________
Do you remember when you asked me why I came to get you every two weeks since you were 5 months old? I told you then that I wanted you to know who you belonged to and that you were loved.
You hold a special place in my heart, Alison. You are my first granddaughter...I love you dearly.
Written for you by Nana Marguerite

(Now I have to write one for Terra, Brandon, Benjamin, Daniel, Melody, Michael, Cameron, Bella, Emily, Noah, Lennox, Davis, Bowie,...lol)

From Alison:  
That was really beautiful. I miss those times all the time. And think about them often sometimes wishing we could go back. I love you Nan

No comments: