Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Quiet Time

 I find myself remembering when I started this blog while I sit here thinking about living simply again in my little house in small-town America. I made the choice to stay home and give up working in the Covid environment.

I didn’t make that decision without really examining my options; I am 67 years old. It is time to slow down and try to keep myself well. Experiencing COVID-19 myself in September 2021 really made a difference in how I viewed things. I remember praying for God to get me through another day; I prayed that every single day that I was so sick. Of course, when my crew started getting COVID-19 the second time I had to make a choice. I didn’t want to get sick again so here we are back in my little house.

I have learned to stay home more than I’m used to secondary to the horrible cost of gasoline. They said it was going to come down but lo and behold it has gone up again!  This has given me more time to work on things here at the house. I usually pull weeds in my flowerbeds; I did a little mowing today.


This has given me more time to work on things here at the house. I usually pull weeds in my flowerbeds; I did a little mowing today. This morning I stopped and visited with one of my Amish friends. It’s so nice to see the children and the puppies as well. They are my Amish grandkids… Lol. I live simply so we have a lot in common, for sure.

On Monday of this week I took a friend to lunch and I was quite surprised at how expensive eating out has become. She lives by herself and she is lonely, too. I checked that box so I won’t be eating out anymore this week. I have truly been praying for the resources to continue to help out the people that I was working with… Service work has kept me going over the years.


So I’m sitting here thinking About being home, cutting corners, pinching my pennies, and just making this work. Yes, I had to apply for food stamps and help paying my Medicare. I just wanted to cry because I had to reach out for help. In an effort to reframe it for myself I thanked God that these resources are available to me.  That makes it easier for me.


This evening I chatted with Father Richard for a little while… It just helps me as he is a good friend. If I want to live in my little house and be able to stay home I have to make this work. He understands how important my service work is is to me. With his encouragement I hope to continue to keep moving forward.  

Time to say good night.

Sign me, Living Simply in Small Town America.



No comments: