Tuesday, December 15, 2020

A Quiet December Evening

 It is December 12th and I am watching Netflix while I am waiting for the resident to come home.  I find myself thinking of my children and how much I loved being with them when they were young.  Christmas was such a great time for us.  Dawson used to make it fun as well.  They are all grown now with two of them alienated from me; this makes Christmas a bittersweet time for me.  I have prayed for healing in our family and placed this gently in God's hands.  Broken hearted but faithful, indeed.

Christmas is a lonely time for me; I wish it was a joyful season but with the COVID-19 limitations we are just not getting together.  Not my family, not my friends, not my church congregation, not my neighbors...we are all staying in and biding our time.  We are waiting for the storm to pass every moment of every day.

Things are anything but normal.  I miss my sense of community but I feel that the isolation has become a necessary evil.  Yet, I believe we will get through this and learn from the experience.  I have faith.  God is so good.

No comments: