Thursday, March 15, 2018

The Gathering Place: Week Three

The Gathering Place appears to be growing!  A Big Book meeting will be setting up shop in our church basement now.  I have added a candlelight meeting as well.

The Gathering Place

Yesterday, I picked up a dominoes game for the game/puzzle stash.  It has been not as easy to get people to play cards or chess, I was surprised.  I am hopeful that as people become more aware of and more comfortable with the drop in they will become more social. 

Today, I picked up a larger box of hot chocolate mix and another box of regular hot chocolate mix.  There is plenty of coffee and tea, creamer and sugar; once I get a little of money ahead I want to start picking up some soda.  All of this is free to participants right now; I was reminded that people who are coming into the programs (AA/NA) are usually pretty financially challenged.  That is why we don't as for payment of any kind. 

Looking to the future, I have added Nathans hot dogs, buns, ketchup, mustard, and sweet relish to my mental list of future purchases.  I figure I can use my crock pot to keep the hot dogs warm for the evening.

A friend has a house for sale in town that I would love to be able to rent but that is kind of putting the cart before the horse...lol.  I have to be patient, I tell myself.  Good things take time...slow and steady is the best pace for this venture.

Sign me, Hopeful and Living Simply in Small Town America

No comments: