Monday, December 5, 2016

Back from The Little House

I spent the weekend at the little house.  We managed to get someone to move the flat deck from the back to the front of the shanty.  He set the frame in place, put blocks under it, and replaced the decking.  It makes such a difference in the look of the place.  I made a mental note that this is another thing off of my list of repairs needed to be done.

 
It was a muddy bog again as it had rained for two days.  It makes it nasty with the dogs wanting to get outside...lol.  Thank goodness it cleared up on Saturday so I could let them out again.  They love being in the side yard where there is still grass in place.

It feels good to be able to spend time at home even for a couple of days.  Just getting a chance to chat with my friends for a while is so comforting.  Alison spent time baking cookies this weekend for the church get together after their Christmas concert.  Fran went to an old-fashioned Christmas tea at the United Church in Castile.  Martha was involved in the Garden Club sale at the Clothing Closet.  Sharon was not long up when I called her so we could have breakfast together.  I miss the community; it is nice to hear that there will be a cookie sale and several suppers during my week off. 

So let's see, I mailed my secret sister gift out, picked up my mail, returned my library books, and bought a couple of towels since I forgot to bring them with.  Running errands gives me a sense of stability, I think.  I am connected when I am there in the little town of Perry.  I belong there.

On Sunday morning I get back in my car with my dogs to drive back to work in NEPA.  It is good to be back at work as well...I have to provide for myself (and my fur babies).

Sign me, Content to Live Simply in Small Town America

No comments: