Sunday, November 6, 2016

Sunday Afternoon...NEPA

Back at the apartment resting up for work tonight while catching up on my missed episodes...lol.  It is some sort of multitasking that really adds up to not being able to sit still and watch TV without my phone or tablet in my hands.  BUT it can be done...

The weekend went by quickly and it was a mud bog that I pulled into on Friday afternoon.  Apparently, small town America had lots and lots of rain this past week.  Oh, let me tell you that was a real disappointment.  I kind of slid over the gravel that we used to pull in to the front yard...not a good feeling so I did not continue to my usual parking spot.  Needless to say...

Sent a brief text to the guy who worked on leveling the back yard.  The mess was not making me happy. He credited the ample rainfall.  I know that yelling and cussing won't get things done any faster so I texted that I could not talk at that time.  I always said that I go IRISH when I go ballistic.  It is not pretty.  These days I save my energy for important things.  I just wonder how long it will take to get things leveled off and solid enough to drive on again. Must change subject for sanity purposes...

It was so nice to be in my little cottage again!  Little Dude and I walked up to the late professor's house to enjoy the view of the lake.  His memory flooded my entire being.  How empty I felt...   This man had been a dear friend, he will always be remembered by myself and the other three Marias very fondly.  This is a photo of him during healthier days; this is how I choose to keep him in my mind's eye.


The lake was so beautiful; the fall colors kissed the hillside across the water while I stood in his back yard.  I want to share his photo of a lovely Silver Lake sunset with you.  This was taken by my friend in the same back yard standing on the back porch.  Isn't it beautiful? 


Sign me: Living Simply even in the sad times.  





No comments: