Tuesday, August 25, 2015

10 HOURS AGO
Now the struggle begins...I am taking better care of myself by following doctor's orders. This involves being out of work, accepting my disability, and living on 75% less again.

I said something today that felt a little strange...I said I am retired. That simple statement quietly closed some sort of door in my reality. It is over...I felt tears in my eyes.

I have no nest egg to dip into. DH has been gone 1 1/2 years; we never had financial security. It took a great deal to move ahead alone knowing that I had nothing to show for 22 years.

Today, I took stock of things in between making and returning calls. I pulled some weeds to ground myself when things became overwhelming. This is my little corner of the world. It is my journeys end...

2 DAYS AGO
I am just back from visiting with my eldest son's family...lots of grandkids. Today I am paying for the adventure...lol. I camped out in my son's SUV for the time I was there. So good to see the kids...I wish I could have stayed longer. I have medical appointments this week so I have to be home here for a while.

7 DAYS AGO
Just found out that my medical insurance does not cover MRIs or infusion treatments for my MS. And my response...OK. I obviously need to upgrade my coverage. Nothing I can do about it now. I am going to see my grandchildren in the morning. No sense crying over this....moving right along...

8 DAYS AGO
I am waiting to have another MRI to check on the progression of the MS. The neurologist has ordered steroid treatment for me three days this week as well. The heat just drains my energy...I just spoke with a friend who also has MS. His words were a comfort to me; he is struggling with the heat as well. I don't feel like the only one in this boat. He gave me hope...

15 DAYS AGO
I made it home to small town America. I did too much. The extreme exhaustion will take awhile to resolve; I am reminded once again that I have multiple sclerosis. I have to see the neurologist this week to see what I need to do to get through this MS relapse. Glad I am home...

23 DAYS AGO
I am feeling pretty cruddy today. The temperature is supposed to be in the 70s but the humidity is killer. I am trying to rest up so I can head home. 1274 miles to my BFFs house. 1400 miles to my front door. Keep me in your prayers. Nana M

No comments: