Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Sunday Morning...in CT.

Each day that I work I am filled with such a good feeling that I am being productive. I love what I do and it is a wonderful thing to get paid to do what you love.  The one aspect of my job that I love the most is being afforded the opportunity to keep learning new things.

Today is one of my days off so Little Dude and I are hanging out at home.  The weather has changed dramatically secondary to storms off the coast.  We have been spared the flooding here in CT but the temperature dropped quite a bit.  I have had the fireplace going the last two evenings; this gives me such comfort.  We had a fireplace growing up; the memories of that gives me as much warmth as the heat from the fire.

Still living simply here in Hamden, CT.  The chill in the air has encouraged me to make homemade soup again; today I will be finishing off the last of my yellow split pea and ham soup.  I have a smoked ham to cut up and put in freezer bags for the next few weeks.  My next soup is going to be Chicken Corn Chowder.  A friend of mine use to make it:  Amish Style Chicken Corn Soup

Sign me, Still Living Simply, M


No comments: