Sunday, May 10, 2015

Another Quiet Day in the Creek

I am sitting here watching my little black dog sleep under the coffee table. (I do remember when he was little enough to stand up under it with room to spare...when I first got him.)

Laughing to myself...  He was so much fun to watch at the dog park this morning...lol.  He ran and ran and ran around with all the dogs that were there today.  He just loves the exercise and the other dogs...it is so good to see him get all the galloping around that he needs.  I visit with the other dog owners.


One of the ladies had a shirt that said:  



And I truly understand...this is too funny.  I love having a schipperke;  they need lots of exercise.  LOTS and LOTS...

It is so nice to have a quiet day here at the Creek.  I pushed all the worries away and place the people that I love safely in God's hands for safekeeping.  With a little one who has been so sick my heart is heavy...but I must honestly say that I am open to God's will whatever that may be.  To hear my son and daughter-in-law speak the words that give voice to their fear that she may not survive this hurts me to the bone.  Yet, this is proof that they too have gotten to the  place where they realize that God's will may be that very thing.  I sit here praying for her and her parents.  I know that I will make it through whatever God visits upon my head with my faith to shore me up.

So when I go to the dog park I know that I am trying to live in this moment enjoying the beauty of the normalcy no matter how simple.  This simple joy of watching dogs frolic in the sunshine across the green grass surely does carry me through another day.  

Sign me, Living Simply on the Road in Small Town America

No comments: