Saturday, October 4, 2014

Moving forward...

I must have had some intuition that something was wrong when I was yearning for the soothing comfort of my simple life.  The fatigue was so overwhelming.  Maybe some part of my body was aching for rest or did I sense what was coming?

The last week has been a blur of ER visits, pain, nurses, pain, antibiotics, more pain, scans, pain, surgery, less pain, med-surgical staff, and physicians as I made my way through a very serious health crisis. Did I mention pain? 

I find myself sitting here in my trailer resting and reflecting over the whole experience.  My schipperke pup, Little Dude, is stretched out on the floor watching me as I type.  He found it...brushing up against my chest when he jumped in my lap.  I felt nothing until then.

Did it really happen?  It did.

No work.  No lifting.  Do not get the wound wet...no showers.  Take it easy.  It will heal from the inside out.  Don't overdo it.  Nurses will be coming daily to change the dressing and repack the wound.  It is not breast cancer...there was no malignancy.  Does it hurt?  Is there any increase in the amount of drainage? Do you have a fever?  Did you say this is gross? You are so funny...lol. 

Lets face it, an open hole in my chest is gross, right?  The sensation of someone pulling a packing out of my breast is gross.  The bubbly foam of hydrogen peroxide clearing out debris is not ideal but I can handle it much better than the packing activity.  The feeling of someone pushing a packing back into the wound is gross.  Wait, on a scale of 1 to 10...this is not even a 2.  When the doctors were pressing on my breast I thought I was going to pass out...this is proof that I am on the upswing.  It is getting better. 

I sure do appreciate the peace and quiet.  I need it...  God, this is too real.  Can I wake up now?

Sign me, Resting and Recuperating in Small Town America (Florida), M

No comments: