Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Each Day is a New Beginning...

Sometimes life in the big city gets to be too much for me.  I have been working full time for one year and seven months.   It is great getting paid every Friday; the pay is substantial.  Bills are getting paid off but in moments of quiet reflection I wonder if it is all worth it. 

I truly miss my simple life...my flower beds...my friends...and my life at the lake.  I miss my grandchildren.  The fish pond that I was working on moving to a flatter place in the yard.  The rock garden I have been nurturing on the hillside...  It seems like so long ago...

I have to regroup.   What options do I have?

If I want to though I can take the summer off to enjoy two months of the simple life. 

Every morning I remind myself that each day is a new beginning.  This is my life and I need to feel fulfilled. 

Tonight I am going to read a story to Melody and Michael via Skype or Facebook.  I miss that connectedness and it is something that we need as a family.  The book is called "Sailor:  The Hangashore Newfoundland Dog" written by Catherine Simpson with illustrations by Joanne Snook-Hann.  This is a story from Newfoundland, my place of birth.


 
 
This is a simple story about a simpler time.  I do hope that they like the story.  It means a lot to me.
 
Sign me, Trying to live simply in the big city, Nana M

No comments: